Getting Ready Already.
I just checked online a day ago and found the application for the One Of A Kind Show. To my surprise the application deadline is September 23rd for the Spring Show. In the next few weeks I have to build an application package. Now some of you think... Just fill out the form! Let me tell you what they want:
- a biography stating how I got started, where I've show cased. What I've sold. And my education and training in art.
- a step by step product description and how my pieces are built and who helps me.
- detailed plans of my booth (that I haven't even built yet). Placement, lighting, walls, flooring, signage.
- pictures of items to be sold.
- price lists
- I'm applying for a NEW ARTISAN SCHOLARSHIP, which entails a written assignment stating why I could benefit from the program.
- photos of my studio
- a $500 deposit
- and the filled out application to boot!
So I've been at this for 2 days straight!! This is by far the biggest investment I have had when it comes to this dream. I'm figuring that when this is all said and done it will have cost me 7 grand!!! Cross your fingers everyone that I get the Scholarship! This will alleviate 50% off the booth, which will probably run me $4000-5000 (depending on the size and location they give me). 😉
So like they say in poker "I'm all in!"
And speaking of poker, gotta go! Off to my real job at the Casino to pay for all this!!!
"Art is a personal thing. When you invest in a piece of art, you buy a piece of that artist. The artist knows every curve, every stroke, every tiny detail in the creation of each piece. Each creation puts a personal intimate part of that artist on display for the whole world to see"